- AP State Archeology Museum
- Nizam Museum
- Salar Jung Museum
AP State Archeology Museum
Earlier known as Hyderabad Museum, this museum is located at Public Gardens Nampally and is the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The last Nizam of Hyderabad provided the place and created the Department of Archaeology which was chiefly responsible for excavation and restoration of exhibits kept at this museum. In 1968 it was renamed as AP State Archeology Museum to include exhibits from all over Andhra Pradesh. The main attraction of this museum is an Eygtian Mummy, which was donated by the Nizam apart from galleries showcasing Buddist artifacts from 2nd and 3rd century BC and the exhibits from the times of Chalukyas, Kakatiyas and Vijayanagar Empire. Visiting Hours: are from 10.30 am to 5 pm and it is closed on Fridays.
Established in year 2000 this museum is an ode to the times and lives of the last Nizam of Hyderabad Mir Osman Ali Khan. Also known as H.E.H Nizam museum it has exihibits from the silver jublee celebrations of the last Nizam rule, which happened in 1937. Souverins and gifts like gold studded box, perfumes bottles, daggers, silver coffee cups studded with diamonds are on display along with the famous 240 ft long wooden wardrobe of the last Nizam and vintage cars Rolly Royce and Jaguar Mark V of the last Nizam. Located at the historic Purani Haveli, this museum is operation from 10 AM to 5 PM and closed on Fridays.
Salar Jung Museum
One of the three National Museums of India, the Salar Jung Museum houses world’s largest one-man art collection of Mir Yousuf Ali Khan, widely known as Salar Jung III. The Salar Jungs were a highly important noble family in the court of Nizam of Hyderabad. Five members from the family were the Prime Ministers of state, Salar Jung III was the prime minister during the reign of 7th Nizam. He was passionate about collecting antiques, rare relics, manuscripts and other artifacts which he collected for more than 35 years of his life, this collection is now displayed in the museum that was founded in 1951 and named after him. The museum currently has 38 galleries displaying approximately 13,654 objects belonging to periods from 2nd century B.C to the early 20th century A.D. Located in Nayapul on the southern bank of river Musi, the museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm everyday except Friday.