Taramati BaradariDescription :
Built by the 7th Sultan of Golconda Abduallah Qutb Shah of Qutub Shahi dynasty near Ibrahim Bagh, very close to Golconda, this baradari served as a resting place for traveler's. This historic structure was erected on top of a hill near the banks of River Musi. It has 12 doorways that allow fantastic cross ventilation, whereas its rooms are famous for there acoustics. Visiting Hours are from 8 am – 9.30 pm
Telangana Martyrs Memorial at Gun Park
Telangana Martyrs Memorial at Gun ParkDescription :
n 1969, during the Telengana Movement demanding a separate state, 369 students were killed in police firing. After the Movement was called off, it was decided to erect a memorial in memory of the students who scarified their lives for the Telangana cause. In 1972, the Martyrs Memorial was installed in Gun Park, opposite the Assembly building. The memorial is 25 feet high and has five separate sections. The black polished granite base has nine bullet impressions on four sides to represent the 369 students. The mythological sun-arch above the granite base, was inspired by the Stupa at Sanchi. Above the sun-arch, nine strips or columns were carved depicting the (then) nine districts in the Telangana region. Next is the trapezium structure, with a dharma chakra on four sides representing tolerance and truth. At the top is a white lily flower symbolizing the freshness of youth and immortality of the soul. The memorial became a symbol of the Telangana struggle in recent years; protesting students and politicians would gather and court arrest here. When the state of Telangana finally came into existence on June 2 2014, it was at this memorial that the first Telangana CM paid his respects before being sworn in. The date was then declared to be observed as Telangana Martyrs Memorial Day every year throughout the state.
Rashtrapati NilayamDescription :
Situated in Bolarum, Secunderabad Rashtrapati Nilayam is the official retreat of the President of India. This heritage palace called Residency House then, was constructed by Nizam Nazir-ud-Dowla and completed in 1860 when Bolarum was one of the military cantonments and the palace was used to be the residence of chief military officer and later of the British Viceroys. This magnificent building is spread over 90 acres of greenry and is open to public from Jan 1st to Jan 10th of every year.
Chowmahalla PalaceDescription :
Chowmahalla meaning “Four Palaces” belonged to the Nizams of the Hyderabad. It was the seat of the Asaf Jahi dynasty and was the official residence of the Nizam. The palace is believed to be a replica of Shah of Iran’s palace in Tehran.
St Joseph's Cathedral
St Joseph's CathedralDescription :
This is a Roman Catholic Cathedral located at Gunfoundary locality of Hyderabad. It is the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Hyderabad and one of the beautiful churches of Hyderabad. The main building was constructed by 1875, the bell towers and facade were finished in 1891 and the bells, imported from Italy were installed in 1892.
Paigah TombsDescription :
Spread over 30 acres in Pisal Banda which is in the ourskirts of Hyderabad, these are the tombs of Paigah family. Paigah's were a very important and rich noble family, a couple of its members serves as Prime Minister in the court of Nizam of Hyderabad. The tomb construction started in 1787 and was continued by later generations. These tombs display master workmanship and extraordinary artistry of inlaid mosic work in white marble. They represent a beautiful fusion of Persian, Greek, Turkish, Deccani and Asaf Jahi architechture.
Golconda FortDescription :
Golconda was made the capital of Quli Qutub Shah Dynasty when it was established in 1517, because of its strategic importance. Subsequent rulers of the dynasty further developed the fort and built a beautiful city. The exquisite acoustic system of Golconda fort speaks volumes about the architecture of the fort. This majestic structure has beautiful palaces and an ingenious water supply system.
Hayat Bakshi Begum Mosque
Hayat Bakshi Begum MosqueDescription :
This Mosque is located in Hayathnagar, Hyderabad and was built 1672 in honor of Hayat Begum by her son. Hayat Begum was the daughter of Muhammed Quli Qutub Shah, the 5th Sultan, the wife of Sultan Muhammed Qutub Shah, the 6th Sultan and the mother of Abdullah Qutub Shah, the 7th Sultan of Qutub Shahi dynasty. The mosque has 5 double arches and 2 majestic minarets and rooms for travelers to rest. The prayer hall is on a raised platform with an ablution tank on the east side. About this site Go
Mecca MasjidDescription :
One of the oldest mosques in Hyderabad and the largest in India, Mecca Masjid is a listed heritage site. Muhammad Quli Qutub Shah, the fifth ruler of the Qutub Shahi dynasty, commissioned bricks to be made from the soil brought from Mecca, the holiest site of Islam, and used them in the construction of the central arch of the mosque, thus giving the mosque its name.
Falaknuma PalaceDescription :
Located on 32 acres in Falaknuma, about 5 km. from Charminar, this finest palace was built by a Paigah noble Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra, then the Prime Minister of Hyderabad, who then sold it to his brother-in-law the 6th Nizam of Hyderabad Mehboob Ali Pasha. The palace has 220 lavishly decorated rooms and 22 spacious halls along with some of the finest and rare treasure collections like paintings, statues, furniture, manuscripts and books of the Nizam. In 2000, Taj Hotels took over the lease of the palace and renovated it, after it was lying unused from 1950 and opened it as a luxury hotel in 2010.
Spanish MosqueDescription :
The Spanish mosque also known as Masjid Iqbal Ud Daula was constructed by Paigah Nawab Iqbal Ud Daula in 1906. Built on the lines of Moorish architecture, it is believed that Paigah Nawab was inspired by the architecture of Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba (Spain) during his visit to Europe and commissioned the construction of the mosque in Hyderabad.
Salar Jung Museum
Salar Jung MuseumDescription :
One of the three National Museums of India, the Salar Jung Museum houses world’s largest one-man art collection of Mir Yousuf Ali Khan, widely known as Salar Jung III. The Salar Jungs were a highly important noble family in the court of Nizam of Hyderabad. Five members from the family were the Prime Ministers of state, Salar Jung III was the prime minister during the reign of 7th Nizam. He was passionate about collecting antiques, rare relics, manuscripts and other artifacts which he collected for more than 35 years of his life, this collection is now displayed in the museum that was founded in 1951 and named after him. The museum currently has 38 galleries displaying approximately 13,654 objects belonging to periods from 2nd century B.C to the early 20th century A.D. Located in Nayapul on the southern bank of river Musi, the museum is open from 10 am to 5 pm everyday except Friday.
Raymond's TombDescription :
Michel Joachim Marie Raymond was a French General in Nizam's army in from 1786 to 1798. He was very popular and respected by the locals as well as the the second Nizam, Nizam Ali Khan, and was popularly known as Monsieur Raymond. He founded many cannon ball factories and the area came to known as Gunfoundry. This tomb was constructed after his death on top of a hillock at Mussa Ram Bagh, Malakpet, in East Hyderabad.
Qutub Shahi Tombs
Qutub Shahi TombsDescription :
Eight Qutub Shahi kings ruled the kingdom of Golconda for 170 years and each king (except one) built his tomb during his reign in Indo-Persian style with Deccani influence just a kilometre away from the Golconda Fort in Ibrahim Bagh. Being one of the oldest monuments in Hyderabad and one of its own kind in the world where an entire dynasty is buried in one place, these tombs hold a very important place in Indian heritage. There are altogether 70 monuments here including the ones of non-royal members and each displays the majestic granduer of Qutub Shahi tradition and architecture. The tombs can be seen from 9.30 am - 6.30 pm everyday.
Keesaragutta is about 40 Kms from Hyderabad and is famous for Sri Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple, a temple dedicated to Lord Siva. One km away from this temple are ruins that as per Archeological Survey of India dates back to 4th and 5th century AD when the Vishnukundin dynasty was ruling the area.
The entire city of Hyderabad was designed around the Charminar, which was constructed on the old trade route that connects the markets of the Golconda with the port city of Masulipatnam. It has the signature style of Islamic architecture and is made of granite, limestone, mortar and pulverized marble.
Koti ResidencyDescription :
A majestic mansion also known as British Residency was built by James Kirkpatrick, a British Resident to State of Hyderabad in 1803 in Palladian Georgian style. Kirkpatrick loved and adopted the ways of Indians and Nizam's court and married a Hyderabadi royal named Khair-un-Nissa for whom he built it. It has been a home to Osmania University Women's College since 1949.
Bhongir FortDescription :
Located at about 50 Kms from Hyderabad, Bhongir fort was built on a single rock formation in the 10th century by the western Chalukya ruler Tribhuvanamalla Vikramaditya VI. The fort is at more than 500 feet height and spread over 40 acres, it was considered highly impregnable by invading armies. It has a unique egg-shaped construction with two entrances, both of which are protected by huge rocks, a moat around the fort, a vast underground chamber, trap doors, an armoury, stables, ponds, wells etc. The view from the top of this fort is worth visiting this fort. About this site Go